Memorandum of Association
For a Non-profit Society
The name of the Society is: Park to Park Community Association.
On a volunteer and non-profit basis, the objectives of the Society are:
1) To actively promote the protection of the neighbourhoods in Halifax’s South End including Gorsebrook Park, Victoria Park and Point Pleasant Park and specifically the area within the South End Area Plan of the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy (Map 1 attached).
2) To educate and inform residents about zoning and planning guidelines.
3) To oppose inappropriate development and maintain the character of the area which is primarily low rise, medium density housing.
4) To advocate for the protection of the South End Area Plan and to participate in reviews and updates as necessary.
5) To foster relations within the Association, the community, with Halifax Regional Councillors, Planning and Development staff and others, and to promote the area.
7) To acquire by way of grant, gift, purchase, bequest, devise or otherwise, real and personal property and to use such property for the realization of the objects of the Society.
8) To buy, own, hold lease, mortgage, sell and convey such real estate and personal property as may be necessary or desirable in the carrying out of the objects of the Society.
9) Provided that the Society shall not carry on any trade, industry, or business;
All funds shall be used solely for the purposes of the Society and the promotion of its objects.
10) Upon dissolution of the society and after payment of all debts and liabilities, its remaining property shall be distributed or disposed of to:
- qualified donees described in subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act ("charitable purposes")
- non-profit organizations in Canada having objects similar to those of the society.
The activities of the Society are to be carried on in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
The Registered office of the Society is located at
1074 Wellington Street, Unit 603, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2Z8.